Sunday, September 9, 2012

JOY Isaiah 9:3

You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as warriors rejoice when dividing the plunder.

You have enlarged the nation 
Job 12:23  "He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and disperses them."

and increased their joy 
Psalm 4:6-7  Many, LORD, are asking, "Who will bring us prosperity?" Let the light of your face shine on us. Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound.
Isaiah 25:9  In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

as warriors rejoice when dividing the plunder 
Exodus 15:9-10  "The enemy boasted, 'I will pursue, I will overtake them. I will divide the spoils; I will gorge myself on them. I will draw my sword and my hand will destroy them.' But you blew with your breath, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters. Who among the gods is like you, LORD? Who is like you--majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?"
Joshua 22:7b-8  When Joshua sent them home, he blessed them saying, "Return to your homes with your great wealth--with large herds of livestock, with silver, gold, bronze and iron, and a great quantity of clothing--and divide the plunder from your enemies with your fellow Israelites."
Psalm 119:162  I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment