Monday, February 14, 2011

LOVE Genesis 20:11-13

Abraham replied, "I said to myself, 'There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife.' Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife. And when God had me wander from my father's household, I said to her, 'This is how you can show your love to me: Everywhere we go, say of me, "He is my brother."'"

There is surely no fear of God in this place
Genesis 42:18 On the third day, Joseph said to them, "Do this and live, for I fear God: ..."
Job 31:23 "For I dreaded destruction from God, and for fear of his splendor I could not do such things."
Psalm 36:1 An oracle is within my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked: There is no fear of God before his eyes.
Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

they will kill me because of my wife
Genesis 12:12 "When the Egyptians see you, they will say, 'This is his wife.' Then they will kill me but will let you live."
Genesis 31:31 Jacob answered Laban, "I was afraid because I thought you would take your daughters away from me by force."

Besides, she really is my sister
Genesis 12:13 "Say you are my sister, so that I will be treated well for your sake and my life will be spared because or you."

when God had me wander
Deuteronomy 26:5 Then you shall declare before the LORD your God: "My father was a wandering Aramean, and he went down into Egypt with a few people and lived there and became a great nation, powerful and numerous."
1 Chronicles 16:20 ... they wandered from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another.
Isaiah 30:28 His breath is like a rushing torrent, rising up to the neck. He shakes the nations in the sieve of destruction; he places in the jaws of the peoples a bit that leads them astray.
Isaiah 63:17 Why, O LORD, do you make us wander from your ways and harden our hearts so we do not revere you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes that are your inheritance.

from my father's household
Genesis 12:1 The LORD said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you."

NOTES:
Nehemiah 5:15

Read Romans 16

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment