Tuesday, February 22, 2011

LOVE Exodus 34:6

And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, ..."

The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God
Exodus 22:27b "When he cries out to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate."
Numbers 14:20 The LORD replied, "I have forgiven them, as you asked."
Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

slow to anger
Numbers 14:18 "'The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.'"
Psalm 78:38 Yet he was merciful; he forgave their iniquities and did not destroy them. Time after time he restrained his anger and did not stir up his full wrath.
Jeremiah 15:15 You understand, O LORD; remember me and care for me. Avenge me on my persecutors. You are long-suffering--do not take me away; think of how I suffer reproach for your sake.
Romans 2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

abounding in love and faithfulness
Psalm 61:7 May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
Psalm 108:4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Psalm 115:1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.
Psalm 138:2 I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
Psalm 143:1 O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.
Lamentations 3:23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
James 5:11 As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

NOTES:
Genesis 19:16; Nehemiah 9:17; Psalm 103:8; 145:8; Joel 2:13; Jonah 4:2

Read 1 Corinthians 8

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment