Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LOVE Exodus 34:7

"... maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."

maintaining love to thousands
Exodus 20:6 (and Deuteronomy 5:10) "... but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."

and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin
1 Kings 8:30 "Hear the supplication of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place, and when you hear, forgive."
Psalm 86:5 You are forgiving and good, O LORD, abounding in love to all who call to you.
Psalm 103:3 ... who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.
Psalm 130:4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more."
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished
Exodus 23:7 "Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty."
Joshua 24:19 Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve the LORD. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins."
Job 7:20-21 "If I have sinned, what have I done to you, O watcher of men? Why have you made me your target? Have I become a burden to you? Why do you not pardon my offenses and forgive my sins? For I will soon lie down in the dust; you will search for me, but I will be no more."
Job 9:28 "I still dread all my sufferings, for I know you will not hold me innocent."
Job 10:14 "If I sinned, you would be watching me and would not let my offense go unpunished."
Nahum 1:3 The LORD is slow to anger and great in power; the LORD will not leave the guilty unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and in the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet.

NOTES:
Psalm 130:8; Daniel 9:9; Micah 6:1-16; Exodus 20:5

Read 1 Corinthians 9

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment