Monday, July 27, 2009

Romans 12:18-19

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

live at peace with everyone
Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."
Mark 9:50 "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other."
Romans 14:19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and mutual edification.

Do not take revenge
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Leviticus 19:18 "'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.'"
Proverbs 20:22 Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you.
Proverbs 24:29 Do not say, "I'll do to him as he has done to me; I'll pay that man back for what he did."

"It is mine to avenge, I will repay," says the LORD.
Deuteronomy 32:35 "It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."
Genesis 50:19-20 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."
1 Samuel 26 10 "As surely as the LORD lives," he said, "the LORD himself will strike him; either his time will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish."
Psalm 94:1 O LORD, the God who avenges, O God who avenges, shine forth.
Jeremiah 51:36 Therefore, this is what the LORD says: "See I will defend your cause and avenge you; I will dry up her sea and make her springs dry."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment