Saturday, July 25, 2009

Psalm 119:9, 11

How can a young man* keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

How can a young man keep his way pure?
Psalm 39:1 I said, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as the wicked are in my presence."

By living according to your word
Psalm 119:65 Do good to your servant according to your word, O LORD.
Psalm 119:169 May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word.

I have hidden your word in my heart
Deuteronomy 6:6 These commandments that I give to you today are to be upon your hearts.
Job 22:22 "Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart."

that I might not sin
Psalm 119:133 Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.
Psalm 18:22-23 All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees. I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin.
Psalm 19:13 Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression.
Proverbs 3:23 Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; ...
Isaiah 63:13 ... who led them through the depths? Like a horse in open country, they did not stumble.

NOTES:
*Today's verses are not restricted to young men but are applicable to everyone who seeks God.

Additional verses to look up:
young man - Psalm 34:11; Proverbs 1:4; Ecclesiastes 11:9; 12:1
pure - Psalm 73:13
word - Deuteronomy 33:9; Proverbs 30:5

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment