Saturday, July 4, 2009

Psalm 37:7

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Be still
Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Isaiah 41:1 "Be silent before me, you islands! Let the nations renew their strength! Let them come forward and speak; let us meet together at the place of judgment."

wait patiently
Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
Isaiah 38:13 "I (Hezekiah) waited patiently until dawn, but like a lion he broke all my bones; day and night you made an end of me."
Habakuk 3:16 I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us.
Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

do not fret
Psalm 37:1 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;

when men succeed in their ways
Jeremiah 12:1 You are always righteous, O LORD, when I bring a case before you. Yet I would speak with you about your justice: Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the faithless live at ease?

when they carry out their wicked schemes
Psalm 21:11 Though they plot evil against you and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed;
Psalm 26:10 ... in whose hands are wicked schemes, whose right hands are full of bribes.
Psalm 119:150 Those who devise wicked schemes are near, but they are far from your law.

(Parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment