Thursday, December 23, 2021

Romans 9:1-3 Part 2 of 2

I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit--I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, ...

those of my own race 
Romans 11:13-15  I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
Romans 10:19-21  Again I ask? Did Israel not understand? First Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding." (Deuteronomy 32:21) And Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me." (Isaiah 65:1) But concerning Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people." (Isaiah 65:2)
1 Thessalonians 2:14-16  For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God's churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last. 
Acts 13:45  When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
Acts 17:5  But other Jews were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason's house in search of Paul and Silas in order to bring them out to the crowd.

(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment