Sunday, February 21, 2021

John 13:18-20 Part 1 of 3

"I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: 'He who shared my bread has turned against me.' I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am. Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me." 

I am not referring to all of you 
John 13:10  Jesus answered, "Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you."

I know those I have chosen 
John 15:16  "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you."
John 15:19  "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture 
Matthew 1:22  All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: ... (Isaiah 7:14)
Matthew 2:15b  ... And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son." (Hosea 11:1) 
Matthew 2:17  Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled: ... (Jeremiah 31:15)
Matthew 2:23b  ... So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.
Matthew 8:17  This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases." (Isaiah 53:4)
Matthew 12:17  This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: ... (Isaiah 42:1-4)
Matthew 21:4  This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet: ... (Zechariah 9:9)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment