Friday, November 1, 2019

2 Peter 3:1-2

Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

Dear friends 
1 Corinthians 10:14  Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 
Hebrews 6:9  Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case--things that have to do with salvation.
1 Peter 2:11  Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard.
Jude 3  Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God's holy people.

I have written both of them as reminders 
2 Peter 1:13  I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.

I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets 
Luke 1:69-70  "He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago), ..."
Acts 8:21  "Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets."

and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles 
Ephesians 4:11-13  So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment