Saturday, November 30, 2019

1 Timothy 2:7-10 Part 1 of 2

And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles. Therefore I want men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing. I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. 

I am telling the truth, I am not lying 
Romans 9:1  I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit--...
Galatians 1:20  I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

a true and faithful teacher 
2 Timothy 1:11  And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher.

of the Gentiles 
  Acts 9:15  But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel."

Therefore I want men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands 
Psalm 24:3-4  Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god.
Psalm 63:4  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
Psalm 134:2  Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the LORD.
Psalm 141:2  May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
Luke 24:50  When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment