Tuesday, May 9, 2017

JESUS - Philippians 1:4-6

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. 

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 
Romans 1:9-10  God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

because of your partnership 
Acts 2:42  They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Philippians 4:15  Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; ...

in the gospel from the first day 
Acts 16:12 (read verses 12-40 for the whole account of their visit)  From there we traveled to Philippi, a Roman colony and the leading city of that district of Macedonia. And we stayed there several days. 
Acts 16:40  After Paul and Silas came out of the prison, they went to Lydia's house, where they met with the brothers and sisters and encouraged them. Then they left.

that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion 
Psalm 138:8  The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands.

until the day of Christ Jesus 
Philippians 1:9-11  And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God.
1 Corinthians 1:8  He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment