Wednesday, May 24, 2017

JESUS - 2 Timothy 2:1-3

You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 

You then, my son 
1 Timothy 1:2  To Timothy, my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus 
Ephesians 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

And the things you have heard me say 
2 Timothy 1:13  What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.

in the presence of many witnesses 
1 Timothy 6:12  Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Join with me in suffering 
2 Peter 2:8-10  Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained. Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.
2 Timothy 1:8  So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.
2 Timothy 4:5  But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

like a good soldier of Christ Jesus 
1 Timothy 1:18-19  Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well, holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment