Wednesday, April 2, 2014

SEEK Malachi 3:1

"I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come," Says the LORD Almighty.

I will send my messenger 
Numbers 27:21  "He (Joshua) is to stand before Eleazar the priest, who will obtain decisions for him by inquiring of the Urim before the LORD. At his command he and the entire community of the Israelites will go out, and at his command they will come in."
2 Chronicles 36:15  The LORD, the God of their ancestors, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because he had pity on his people and on his dwelling place.

who will prepare the way before me 
Isaiah 40:3  A voice of one calling: "In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God."
Matthew 3:3  This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: "A voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.' "
Matthew 11:10  "This is the one about whom it is written: 'I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you.' "
Mark 1:1-3  The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God, as it is written in Isaiah the prophet: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way"--"a voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.' "
Luke 7:27  "This is the one about whom it is written: 'I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you.' " (John the Baptist)

Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking 
Micah 5:2  "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."

the messenger of the covenant 
Isaiah 42:6-7  "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness."

whom you desire, will come 
1 Samuel 9:20  "As for the donkeys you lost three days ago, do not worry about them; they have been found. And to whom is all the desire of Israel turned, if not to you (Saul) and your whole family line?"
Haggai 2:7  "I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory," says the LORD Almighty.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment