Saturday, April 26, 2014

SEEK 1 Corinthians 10:23-24

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is constructive. No one should seek their own good, but the good of others. 

but not everything is beneficial 
1 Corinthians 6:12  "I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

No one should seek their own good, but the good of others 
1 Corinthians 10:31-33  So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God--even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
Romans 15:1-2  We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up.
1 Corinthians 13:5  It (love) does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Philippians 2:21  For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 9:22  To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.
Romans 11:13-14  I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment