Wednesday, April 16, 2014

SEEK John 5:28-30

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out--those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me." 

a time is coming 
John 4:21  "Woman," Jesus replied, "believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem."
John 16:2  "They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God."

those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned 
Matthew 25:46  "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

By myself I can do nothing 
John 5:19  Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

my judgment is just 
Isaiah 28:6  He will be a spirit of justice to the one who sits in judgment, a source of strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.
John 8:16  "But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me."

for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me 
Matthew 26:39  Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment