Sunday, April 27, 2014

GRACE 2 Corinthians 8:6-7

So we urged Titus, just as he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part. But since you excel in everything--in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you--see that you also excel in this grace of giving. 


So we urged 
2 Corinthians 8:17  For Titus not only welcomed our appeal, but he is coming to you with much enthusiasm and on his own initiative.
2 Corinthians 12:18  I urged Titus to go to you and I sent our brother with him. Titus did not exploit you, did he? Did we not walk in the same footsteps by the same Spirit?

Titus 
2 Corinthians 8:23  As for Titus, he is my partner and co-worker among you; as for our brothers, they are representatives of the churches and an honor to Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:13  I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia.

to bring also to completion, this act of grace on your part 
2 Corinthians 8:10-11  And here is my judgment about what is best for you in this matter. Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means.

But since you excel in everything 
2 Corinthians 9:8  And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

in faith, in speech, in knowledge 
Romans 15:14  I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another.
1 Corinthians 1:5  For in him you have been enriched in every way--with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge--...
1 Corinthians 12:8  To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another, a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, ...
1 Corinthians 13:1-2  If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 14:6  Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment