Saturday, October 5, 2013

TRUTH 2 Corinthians 12:6-10 Part 3 of 3

Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak then I am strong.  

My grace is sufficient for you 
Romans 3:22-24  This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

for my power 
Philippians 4:13  I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

is made perfect in weakness 
1 Corinthians 2:3  I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling.

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses 
Matthew 5:12  "Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

in insults, in hardships 
2 Corinthians 6:4-5  Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; ...

in persecutions, in difficulties 
2 Thessalonians 1:4  Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.

For when I am weak, then I am strong 
2 Corinthians 13:4  For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him in our dealing with you.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment