Friday, October 4, 2013

TRUTH 2 Corinthians 12:6-10 Part 2 of 3

Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak then I am strong.  

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh 
Numbers 33:55  " 'But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live.' "

a messenger of Satan, to torment me 
Matthew 4:10  Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' " (Deuteronomy 6:13)

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me 
Matthew 26:39  Going a little farther he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
Matthew 26:44  So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment