Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SALVATION Luke 2:28-32

Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying: "Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all nations: a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel." 

Sovereign Lord, as you have promised 
Luke 2:26  It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord's Messiah.

you may now dismiss your servant in peace 
Acts 2:24  "But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him."

For my eyes have seen your salvation 
Isaiah 40:5  "And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."
Isaiah 52:10  The LORD will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.
Luke 3:6  " 'And all people will see God's salvation.' " (Isaiah 40:3-5)

a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel 
Isaiah 42:6  "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, ..."
Isaiah 49:6  ... he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."
Acts 13:47  "For this is what the Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " (Isaiah 49:6)
Acts 26:22-23  "But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen--that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment