Thursday, August 27, 2009

Job 32:9

It is not only the old who are wise, not only the aged who understand what is right.

It is not only the old who are wise
1 Corinthians 1:26 Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.

not only the aged
Psalm 119:98-100 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes. I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

who understand what is right
Job 12:12 Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?
Job 12:20 He silences the lips of trusted advisers and takes away the discernment of elders.
Luke 2:47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.
1 Timothy 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment