Tuesday, October 15, 2019

2 Peter 1:12-15 Part 1 of 2

So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things. 

So I will always remind you of these things 
Philippians 3:1  Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.
1 John 2:21  I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.
Jude 5  Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have 
2 John 1-2  The elder, to the lady chosen by God and to her children, whom I love in the truth--and not I only, but also all who know the truth--because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever: ...

I think it is right to refresh your memory 
2 Peter 3:1  Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking.

as long as I live in the tent of this body 
Isaiah 38:12  Like a shepherd's tent my house has been pulled down and taken from me. Like a weaver I have rolled up my life, and he has cut me off from the loom; day and night you made an end of me.
2 Corinthians 5:1  For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.
2 Corinthians 5:4  For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment