Sunday, December 28, 2014

GLORY Philippians 2:9-11 Part 2 of 2

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow 
Psalm 95:6  Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; ...
Isaiah 45:23  "By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear."
Romans 14:11  It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.' " (Isaiah 45:23)

in heaven and on earth and under the earth 
Matthew 28:18  Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."
Ephesians 1:8b-10  With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment--to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
Colossians 1:19-20  For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord 
John 13:13  "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment