Saturday, March 2, 2013

SALVATION Isaiah 49:5-6 Part 1 of 3

And now the LORD says--he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength--he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

he who formed me in the womb to be his servant 
Psalm 139:13  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
Galatians 1:15-16  But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.

to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself 
Deuteronomy 30:4  Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back.
Isaiah 11:12  He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.

for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD 
Isaiah 43:4  "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life."

and my God has been my strength 
Psalm 18:1  I love you, LORD, my strength.

It is too small a thing for you to be my servant 
Isaiah 49:3  He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor."

to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept 
Isaiah 1:9  Unless the LORD Almighty had left us some survivors, we would have become like Sodom, we would have been like Gomorrah.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment