Thursday, August 11, 2011

LOVE Lamentations 3:31-33

For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone.

For no one is cast off by the Lord forever
Psalm 94:14 For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance.
Isaiah 54:7 "For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back."

Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love
Psalm 78:38 Yet he was merciful; he forgave their iniquities and did not destroy them. Time after time he restrained his anger and did not stir up his full wrath.
Psalm 106:43-45 Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin. Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented.
Hosea 11:8 "How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I treat you like Admah? How can I make you like Zeboyim? My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused." (Admah and Zeboyim were cities of the plain overthrown when Sodom was destroyed.)
Nahum 1:12 This is what the LORD says: "Although they have allies and are numerous, they will be destroyed and pass away. Although I have afflicted you, Judah, I will afflict you no more."

For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone
Job 37:23 "The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power; in his justice and great righteousness he does not oppress."
Jeremiah 31:20 "Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him," declares the LORD.
Ezekiel 18:23 "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?"
Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?' "

(In the Old Testament "LORD" = YHWH and "Lord" = Adonai)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment