Monday, September 27, 2010

RESURRECTION Acts 23:6-8

Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and others Pharisees, called out in the Sanhedrin, "My brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee. I stand on trial because of my hope in the resurrection of the dead." When he said this, a dispute broke out between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was divided. (The Sadducees say that there are neither angels nor spirits, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.)

Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees
Acts 4:1-2 The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people. They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead.

My brothers
Acts 22:4-5 "I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison, as also the high priest and all the Council can testify. I even obtained letters from them to their brothers in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished."

I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee
Acts 26:5 "They have known me for a long time and can testify, if they are willing, that according to the strictest sect of our religion, I lived as a Pharisee."

I stand on trial because of my hope in the resurrection of the dead
Acts 24:15 "... and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked."
Acts 24:20-21 "Or these who are here should state what crime they found in me when I stood before the Sanhedrin--unless it was this one thing I shouted as I stood in their presence: 'It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today.'"
Acts 26:8 "Why should any of you consider it incredible that God raises the dead?"

The Sadducees say that there is no resurrection
Matthew 22:23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
1 Corinthians 15:12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?

NOTES:
Sadducees - Acts 4:1; Matthew 3:7; Mark 12:18; Luke 20:27
Pharisees - Matthew 3:7; Mark 2:16; Luke 5:17

Read Revelation 16

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment