Sunday, July 25, 2010

1 Peter 1:4-5

... and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

and into an inheritance
Acts 20:32 "Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified."
Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

that can never perish, spoil or fade
1 Peter 5:4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

kept in heaven for you
Colossians 1:5 ... the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel ...
2 Timothy 4:8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Titus 1:2 ... a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.

who through faith are shielded by God's power
1 Samuel 2:9 "He will guard the feet of his saints, but the wicked will be silenced in darkness. It is not by strength that one prevails; ..."
John 10:28 "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand."

until the coming of the salvation
Romans 11:13-14 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.

that is ready to be revealed in the last time
Romans 8:18-19 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

NOTES:
Read 2 Thessalonians 3

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment