Thursday, August 27, 2015

TRUST Psalm 49:5-6

Why should I fear when evil days come, when wicked deceivers surround me--those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches?

Why should I fear 
Psalm 23:4  Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?

those who trust in their wealth 
Job 22:25  "... then the Almighty will be your gold, the choicest silver for you."
Psalm 73:12  This is what the wicked are like--always free of care, they go on amassing wealth.
Jeremiah 48:7  Since you (Moab) trust in your deeds and riches, you too will be taken captive, and Chemosh will go into exile, together with his priests and officials.

and boast 
Psalm 10:3  He (the wicked man) boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the LORD.

of their great riches 
Job 36:19  "Would your wealth or even all your mighty efforts sustain you so you would not be in distress?"

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment