Monday, November 25, 2013

TRUTH 2 John 1-4 Part 1 of 2

The elder, To the lady chosen by God and to her children, whom I love in the truth--and not I only, but also all who know the truth--because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love. It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 

The elder 
Acts 11:30  This they did, sending their gift to the elders by Barnabas and Saul.
3 John 1  The elder, To my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth.

To the lady chosen by God 
2 John 13  The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings.
Romans 16:13  Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.
1 Peter 5:13  She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.

and to her children, whom I love in the truth--and not I only, but also all who know the truth 
John 8:31-32  To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
1 Timothy 2:3-4  This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment