Wednesday, January 11, 2012

LOVE Philemon 8-10

Therefore, although in Christ I could be bold and order you to do what you ought to do, yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love. It is as none other than Paul--an old man and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus--that I appeal to you for my son Onesimus, who became my son while I was in chains.

yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love
1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

an old man and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus
Philemon 1 Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, To Philemon our dear friend and fellow worker--...
Philemon 23 Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, sends you greetings.
Ephesians 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles--...

that I appeal to you for my son Onesimus
1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.
Colossians 4:9 He (Tychicus) is coming with Onesimus, our faithful and dear brother, who is one of you. They will tell you everything that is happening here.

who became my son while I was in chains
Acts 21:33 The commander came up and arrested him (Paul) and ordered him to be bound with two chains. Then he asked who he was and what he had done.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment