Monday, May 31, 2010

2 Thessalonians 3:2-5

And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men
Romans 15:31 Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there, ...

But the Lord is faithful
1 Corinthians 1:9 God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one
Matthew 5:37 "Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes', and your 'No' be 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

We have confidence
2 Corinthians 2:3 I wrote as I did so that when I came I should not be distressed by those who ought to make me rejoice. I had confidence in all of you, that you would all share my joy.

May the Lord direct your hearts
1 Chronicles 29:18 "O, LORD, God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep this desire in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you."

NOTES:
Wicked - Luke 23:41; Acts 35:5; 18:12-13
Faith/lack of faith - 1 Corinthians 1:9; 10:13; 2 Corinthians 1:18
Hearts - 1 Thessalonians 2:4
Read Romans 8

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment