Saturday, April 17, 2010

Romans 10:8-10

But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

"it is in your mouth and in your heart"
Deuteronomy 30:14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

if you confess with your mouth
Matthew 10:32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven."

"Jesus is Lord"
John 13:13 "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord', and rightly so, for that is what I am."

and believe in your heart
John 3:15 "... that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life."

that God raised him from the dead
Acts 2:24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

you will be saved
Romans 11:13-14 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.

NOTES:
Jesus is Lord - 1 Corinthians 12:3
God raised him from the dead - 1 Corinthians 15:4, 14, 17; Acts 2:31-32; 3:15; 4:10; 10:40
Read Romans 8

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment